Superhero needed to deliver WoW’s Super Heroes: Words Are Our Power schools project!
Writing on the Wall awarded £239,000 by The Paul Hamlyn Foundation to deliver Super Heroes Project over four years in Merseyside Schools
Apply to be WoW’s School Coordinator
Super Heroes: Words are our Power is a literacy project that will allow primary school children in Merseyside to find the Super Hero within, using writing and creativity for the greater good, changing how we view and understand creative education in in schools. As part of the Arts Based Learning More and Better Fund, WoW will be working in eight primary schools in Merseyside to provide arts based learning through creative writing, poetry, spoken word and illustration.
MAIN PURPOSETo coordinate and deliver the next stage of WoW’s schools project Super Heroes: Words are our Power funded by a More and Better grant from Paul Hamlyn Foundation.
- The strategic development of the Super Heroes project in conjunction with WoW Programme Manager, Co-Directors, staff and Trustees
- The creation and implementation of project activities, liaising with schools to create project delivery plans and schemes of work
- Coordinating the work of sessional writers and artists
- Ensuring all school children are fully engaged in the project activities.
- Overseeing the development of partnership working with schools, ensuring all schools’ work is developed in accordance with project plans and objectives
- Overseeing the creation and publishing of new work developed by pupils during the project
- Supervising documentation of evaluation material and liaising with WoW’s Programme Manager and Independent Evaluator to ensure a successful ongoing evaluation
- Developing and coordinating public events, showcases and celebration events to ensure the recognition and long-term legacy of the project
- Day to day management of the project finances ensuring they remain within projected budgets
- To support and liaise with WoW staff on all other projects and events, including WoWFest throughout May
Interviews to take place the 7th March.